Wednesday, July 6, 2011

7 hours and something to Petrozavodsk from St Petersburg

One forgets the vastness of this country.. Somehow managed to find the right station,etc with my very basic reading capabilities..good thing I made my way well in advance..
Sleepy..
Arktika - Shared the cabin with 2 others; both Russian; both business men; wow, what a long way to go for a few meetings.. they would arrive at their destination the next morning at 8am.. Alek spoke a bit of English, a kind guy with two sons, owns his own company...Andrei was very quiet, very organised, tidy.. Passengers in the next cabin had been to New York and boarded the train at Moscow...all of them wished me luck on my Russian course..
30min stop at Svir' - could buy smoked fish, wild berries and crisps. Alek offered me some berries; delicious!


We had a lovely carriage attendant: provodnitsa; she liked me I think... made me some coffee and gave me some biscuits for free..she didn't want a picture taken though..shame...she was a middle aged, very blond hair lady with gold teeth!
Piping hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment