Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Shortened length..me thinks..

So! Petrozavodsk.. To be fair, I haven't explored it much yet..but I can see myself getting very bored after 3 weeks... Keep me focused on studying s'ppose..First lesson was yesterday - taking individual lessons (I was the only beginner! so, no choice..) The lesson was pretty full on, with a very good teacher.. At this rate, I think I only have to stay for one month before moving on anyway..
The host family is a lady called Eereena, her 20 yr old daughter Sonya, 10 yr old son Misha (who is away most of the time) and a little dog.. Their flat is small. It seems I have been given Sonya's room and they are sharing the other.. Lovely people..Their English is very good..Thank goodness.. I can wave and point only so much... The strangest thing.. The hot water gets cut-off during this time of the year for 20 days - argh! what a timing!
Reminds me of a scene from the film Old Boy, but with a great view of the sunset

Lenin - encounter #01

Met a large group of students from Birmingham Uni.. so young.. very nice guys.. They must think I am also 20 something.. Ha!

2 comments:

  1. i like the beautiful room!
    and why is the Lenin's statue there? it's the hometown of Lenin?
    I'm for the theories and works of Lenin but againt a bronze statue that is just for idolizing a man..
    - Gean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gean, go to Trafalgar Square and you will find Nelson's statue...

    Different place, different "hero", same concept ;)

    ReplyDelete